Brian talks with Clay Magouyrk (@cmagoyrk, Vice President at Oracle Cloud Infrastructure) about the architecture of the Oracle cloud, how it manages bare-metal VMs and containers, how Oracle integrates on-premises and cloud workloads, and how it integrates with PaaS and SaaS services.
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (blog)
- Oracle Cloud Architecture
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (docs)
- Aaron’s Tips for Tradeshow Attendees
- [PODCAST] @PodCTL - Containers | Kubernetes - RSS Feed, iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn and all your favorite podcast players
- [A CLOUD GURU] [Get The Cloudcast Alexa Skill](https://acloud.guru/cloudcast)
- [A CLOUD GURU] [A Cloud Guru Membership](https://acloud.guru/membership) - Start your free trial. Unlimited access to the best cloud training and new series to keep you up-to-date on all things AWS.
- [A CLOUD GURU] [FREE access to AWS Certification Exam Prep Guide](https://acloud.guru/join/cloudcast2018) - At A Cloud Guru, the #1 question received from students is "I want to pass the AWS cert exam, so where do I start?" This course is your answer.
- [FREE] [eBook from O'Reilly](http://www.oreilly.com/pub/get/thecloudcast2017)
- Topic 1 - Welcome to the show. Can you tell us about your background prior to joining Oracle and how it helped you design the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure?
- Topic 2 - There was a lot of buzz about Oracle redesigning their infrastructure cloud. Can you walk us through the architecture and how Oracle delivers bare-metal, VMs and containers? Are they separate environments, or all integrated?
- Topic 3 - How does Oracle Cloud deliver networking - intra-cloud, from region-to-region, and integrated with on-premises applications?
- Topic 4 - Oracle often talks about “same cloud architecture in both public and private”. Other public clouds are designed differently than most on-premises environments. Can you talk about what’s the same and what is typically different in the Oracle Cloud? What do customers have to adjust to in the Oracle Cloud?
- Topic 5 - How do Oracle customers manage to integrate different Oracle Cloud services (e.g. containers, PaaS services, SaaS services, security, etc.)?