Aaron and Brian talk about the biggest news stories and trends that happened in 2017.
- [PODCAST] @PodCTL - Containers | Kubernetes - RSS Feed, iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn and all your favorite podcast players
- [A CLOUD GURU] [Get The Cloudcast Alexa Skill](https://acloud.guru/cloudcast)
- [A CLOUD GURU] [DISCOUNT: Serverless for Beginners (only $15 instead of $29)](https://acloud.guru/join/ACGTheCloudcast)
- [A CLOUD GURU] [FREE: Alexa Development for Absolute Beginners](https://acloud.guru/learn/intro-alexa?promoCode=c10udcast-10v3s-a13xa)
- [FREE] [eBook from O'Reilly](http://www.oreilly.com/pub/get/thecloudcast2017)
1. Docker - New CEO; Docker > Moby;
2. Kubernetes winning the Container Orchestration Wars - but do we now only talk about it being boring and irrelevant?
Cloud Stuff - When do we hit the Cloud Tipping Point
3. Azure getting bigger, but big enough? ($20B run-rate; includes O365)
4. AWS re:Invent - can it be stopped? ($18B run-rate)
5. Google Cloud - still ??? (says almost 2,500 employees)
6. New Blue Print Emerging? Hyper-Converged Infrastructure & “Secondary Storage” all with public cloud integration. Also virtualization vs. containers orchestration
7. VMware’s cloud direction? - Big 3 Public Clouds have placed their bets (AWS/VMware, GCP/Nutanix/Cisco/VMware, Azure/Azure Stack)
8. Where does Serverless Fit? Does it? Is it a Public Cloud only play?
Stuff we don’t understand - We have been Emerging Tech, Where is the next
9. BitCoin / Blockchain - did you bet your mortgage on it? Aaron’s interesting conversation around this recently
10. AI & ML - AWS is trying to make it easier (DeepLens); everyone including AI in their products