Aaron and Brian talk with Rod Johnson (@springrod, Co-Founder & CEO @atomist) about the evolution of development frameworks, developer productivity, the Spring community, and how Atomist is helping simplify the experience of developers interacting with containers and Kubernetes and microservices.
- DONATE to the Krispy Kreme Donut Run!!
- Atomist Website
- Atomist Blog
- Atomist Docs
- Atomist on GitHub
- Atomist Slack Channel
- Atomist on Twitter
- [PODCAST] @PodCTL - Containers | Kubernetes - RSS Feed, iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn and all your favorite podcast players
- [A CLOUD GURU] [Get The Cloudcast Alexa Skill](https://acloud.guru/cloudcast)
- [A CLOUD GURU] [DISCOUNT: Serverless for Beginners (only $15 instead of $29)](https://acloud.guru/join/ACGTheCloudcast)
- [A CLOUD GURU] [FREE: Alexa Development for Absolute Beginners](https://acloud.guru/learn/intro-alexa?promoCode=c10udcast-10v3s-a13xa)
- [FREE] [eBook from O'Reilly](http://www.oreilly.com/pub/get/thecloudcast2017)
- Topic 1 - Thanks for joining us today Rod, for those that aren’t familiar, give everyone a bit about your background prior to Atomist and your background with development platforms (sold SpringSource to VMware for $420M in 2009).
- Topic 2 - You have seen a pretty amazing transition in development platforms over the last 5-7 years. What trends made you decide to start a new company?
- Topic 3 - This leads us to your most recent announcement, a Series A round and launch of Atomist. Tell everyone about Atomist. As I understand it this is a development automation platform. What problems are you trying to solve?
- Topic 4 - How is Development Automation different from traditional CI/CD?
- Topic 5 - What use cases are applications are your customers doing today with Atomist? Is this primarily cloud native apps and development on public cloud platforms? How are folks both consuming and creating?