Brian talks with Joseph Jacks (@asynchio, advisor to CNCF, creator of KubeCon, co-Founder Kismatic, Entrepreneur) about different ways to view OSS business models, and how he's been tracking commercial OSS companies through his COSSCI Index.
- Open Consensus - Data Driven Perspectives on Open Source Software
- $100M+ Revenue - Commercial Open Source Software Company Index (COSSCI)
- Bessemer Venture Partners Cloud Index
- [PODCAST] @PodCTL - Containers | Kubernetes | OpenShift - RSS Feed, iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn and all your favorite podcast players
- [A CLOUD GURU] [Get The Cloudcast Alexa Skill](https://acloud.guru/cloudcast)
- [A CLOUD GURU] [A Cloud Guru Membership](https://acloud.guru/membership) - Start your free trial. Unlimited access to the best cloud training and new series to keep you up-to-date on all things AWS.
- [A CLOUD GURU] [FREE access to AWS Certification Exam Prep Guide](https://acloud.guru/join/cloudcast2018) - At A Cloud Guru, the #1 question received from students is "I want to pass the AWS cert exam, so where do I start?" This course is your answer.
- [FREE] [eBook from O'Reilly](https://app.oreilly.com/pub/get/thecloudcast2018)
- Topic 1 - Welcome to the show. Give us some of your background and some of the things you’re working on these days?
- Topic 2 - You created a tracking of Commercial Open Source Software Company Information (COSSCI, “cozy index”). How did you go about collecting the information, some of which isn’t public?
- Topic 3 - Let’s talk about “open core” and how you’re thinking about the thickness of the core.
- Topic 4 - To a certain extent, OSS velocity relies on VC funding to gain traction. VC funding typically wants an exit. Do you think there are enough successful OSS exists to keep seeing VC funding flow in, or do you think public cloud making OSS-as-a-service will slow that down?
- Topic 5 - Looking out a few years, you obviously have some models in your mind about how Commercialization of OSS could play out. What are some of the “truths” that you believe are not up for debate, and what are some areas you think might significantly change?