Brian talks with Tanya Selvog (@AWSNewbie, Jr. Web-Developer, Full-Stack Developer in training) about how new(er) engineers are learning skills, engaging with learning communities, and adapting to a changing job market for software developers.
- 100 Days of Learning AWS
- My First Alexa Skill
- AWS Newbies Meetup - Austin, TX
- Code Newbie
- Women Who Code
- General Assembly’s Web Developer Immersive Course
- [PODCAST] @PodCTL - Containers | Kubernetes - RSS Feed, iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn and all your favorite podcast players
- [SERVERLESS] [ServerlessConf in NYC (Oct. 8-11).](https://nyc.serverlessconf.io/) 20% Discount on all passes
- [A CLOUD GURU] [Get The Cloudcast Alexa Skill](https://acloud.guru/cloudcast)
- [A CLOUD GURU] [DISCOUNT: Serverless for Beginners (only $15 instead of $29)](https://acloud.guru/join/ACGTheCloudcast)
- [A CLOUD GURU] [FREE: Alexa Development for Absolute Beginners](https://acloud.guru/learn/intro-alexa?promoCode=c10udcast-10v3s-a13xa)
- [FREE] [eBook from O'Reilly](http://www.oreilly.com/pub/get/thecloudcast2017)
- Topic 1 - Welcome to the show. I found your name on Twitter because you have an interesting handle (@AWSNewbie) and you were telling a story about learning new technologies. Tell us a little bit about your background and how you’re evolving in the technology world.
- Topic 2 - You decided to enroll in this immersive course (12-weeks). Tell us about that environment. What did you learn? What works, what doesn’t work, what’s the learning process, etc.?
- Topic 3 - You talked about attending a Women in Code event in Austin and getting a chance to use some of the A Cloud Guru trainings. How does the AWS training compare to the web development training?
- Topic 4 - You’ve mentioned that you’re engaged with the CodeNewbie community. Tell us about that group - how do people get engaged, what’s shared or discussed, how do people help each other?
- Topic 5 - How are you able to apply these new learnings to projects or work activities? How do you market yourself to potential employers?