Jeremy Garcia, Jono Bacon, and Stuart Langridge present Bad Voltage, in which people apparently are allowed to just set up a company about rockets now, we don't have HBO's budget, and:
- [00:02:30] [Microsoft buys GitHub](https://blogs.microsoft.com/blog/2018/06/04/microsoft-github-empowering-developers/), which is all the tech world talked about for a whole week; now the dust has settled a little, our thoughts on the whole thing
- [00:19:00] Apparently, all accredited journalists at the Kim Trump summit got a free USB fan. We hope that nobody plugged them in…
- [00:21:10] Famous actor ~~Bandicoot Tennismatch~~ ~~Bumberslam Censorbar~~ , er, Benedict Cumberbatch fights off four muggers
- [00:22:40] Apple's WWDC conference was on, after ten years of the iOS App Store, and a question arises: do you cruise the app store just looking for apps to install? More people do this than you may think… but maybe not all that many
- [00:29:10] The FBI asked everyone to reboot their router, to track the spread of possibly-governmental router malware VPNFilter
- [00:32:30] Open Source Security, maker of the grsecurity Linux kernel patches, has been directed to pay Bruce Perens and his legal team almost $260,000 following a failed defamation claim
- [00:36:30] After the "John Oliver effect" directed millions of people to object to the US FCC's net neutrality changes in May 2017, the FCC's website went down, unable to take comments and they claimed this was due to a distributed denial of service. Looks like they might have just made that up.
- [00:41:50] [Another Bitcoin exchange is hacked, drops $42b in market value](http://www.wired.co.uk/article/coinrail-hacked-bitcoin-exchange-price), while it's revealed that Bitcoin consumes as much power as Ireland, and Wells Fargo now won't let you buy cryptocurrency on their credit cards at all
- [00:47:20] Jono's bought a Fitbit Versa: what makes it different from previous Fitbits? And is it any good? Bad Voltage review a piece of technology that was actually released recently, for a change
- [00:52:00] The FOSS Talk Live open source podcast conference was on in London, and Stuart was there representing Bad Voltage (his longer review), which prompts some thoughts on small conferences, or large meetups, and doing things for fun rather than business
Come chat with us and the community in our Slack channel via https://badvoltage-slack.herokuapp.com/!