In this week's episode of Coding QA, Mark and Jim continue last week's conversation with Fede and discuss his experiences with the following at Atlassian:
- Atlassian's boot camp for new employee on-boarding
- Learn company's culture and values
- Blur discipline lines from the start
- Know each discipline's activities
- Everyone presents an idea to help the company
- How do projects with no testers succeed?
- How did Atlassian get into this situation?
- What makes it work?
- Testers acting as teachers
- Do testers really have special skills that make them good testers?
- Are discipline specific engineering roles the right approach?
- Team wide bug bashes – it’s not just QA
- Where's Fede headed next?
Links from the show:
- Fede’s blog
- Fede’s email - fsilva.armas [at] gmail.com