In this week's episode of Coding QA, Mark and Jim discuss the team's recent re-org from an organizational model to a functional model, the changes they think this will bring, and the pros and cons of the switch.
Listen in as they discuss:
- What's the difference between an organizational model and a functional model?
- Will it be easier to shift test resources where they're needed, and will this cause a loss of test experts for certain feature areas?
- Will we lose the feeling of belonging to one team?
- Will having multiple test teams report up the same test management chain increase test productivity?
- Will work which blurs the discipline lines become harder to justify?
- Does the long term career path for a tester become clearer?
- What do Mark and Jim actually think about the change?