On this week's iOS Today with Leo Laporte and Mikah Sargent:
- iOS Apps & Games of the Year:
- iPhone App of the Year: Spectre Camera by Lux Optics
- iPad App of the Year: Flow by Moleskine
- Apple TV App of the Year: The Explorers by The Explorers Network
- iPhone Game of the Year: "Sky: Children of the Light" by thatgamecompany
- iPad Game of the Year: "Hyper Light Drifter by Abylight S.L.
- Apple TV Game of the Year: "Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap" by DotEmu
- Apple Arcade Game of the Year: "Sayonara Wild Hearts" by Simogo
- App Trend of 2019: Storytelling Simplified:
- Anchor by Anchor FM
- Canva: Stories & Video Maker by Canva
- Unfold by Unfold Creative
- Steller by Expedition Travel Advisor
- Spark Camera by Dayworks
- Over by Over, Inc.
- Wattpad by Wattpad Corp.
- Game Trend of 2019: Blockbusters Reimagined:
- "Mario Kart Tour" by Nintendo
- "Dr. Mario World" by Nintendo
- "Minecraft Earth" by Mojang
- "Pokémon Masters" by DeNA Co
- "Assassin's Creed Rebellion" by Ubisoft
- "Gears POP!" by Microsoft Corporation
- "The Elder Scrolls: Blades" by Bethesda
- "Alien: Blackout" by D3PA
- "Call of Duty: Mobile" by Activision Publishing
- News: Incognito Mode on Google Maps, Apple Card gets interest-free iPhone installment plan and 6% discount on Apple products until the end of the year, Lightroom for iOS adds direct import functionality, Apple leads in wearables market, the Apple Store app gets a redesign, and Apple's Clips app gets a Memoji and Animoji update.
- Viewer Feedback: Why Apple doesn't update its stock apps as often as third-party apps update and the iPhone mount and selfie stick Leo used in iOS Today 475.
- GRIPT Secure Smartphone Tripod Adapter
- K-Tek Pro Tadpole
- Leo's App Cap: myNoise
- Mikah's App Cap: Pluto
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/ios-today.
You can contribute to iOS Today by leaving us a voicemail at 757-504-iPad (757-504-4723) or sending an email to iOSToday@TWiT.tv.