The most important stories from WWDC 2020
The Week's Stores:
- In a post-PC world, does it really matter what chips are in Macs?
- Related: Microsoft closes their retail stores
- Will the new Apple hardware require a signed operating system?
- WWDC should be virtual every year
- Macs will lose Boot Camp - how will Windows work in virtualization?
- How much will macOS merge with iOS?
- Will Macs get a touchscreen?
- Computing in the cloud is the future
- Apple ARKit will change how we see the world
- Apple makes small improvements to their App review processes
- watchOS adds handwashing sleep tracking, and dance - where is our teeth brushing app?
- The death of macOS 10 echoes the death of Mac OS 9
- macOS 11 design echoes iOS, and seems suspiciously touch-friendly
- iOS 14 just started making people very worried about ad tracking
- Ming-Chi Kuo: 13" MacBook Pro and 24" iMac will be the 1st Apple Silicon Macs
- Should you buy an Intel Mac now? should you risk buying the 1st ARM Mac?
- Apple Design Award winners
- No charger with the iPhone 12 - does this mean it won't have a charging port?
Picks of the Week
- Andy's Pick: Carl Reiner dies at 98: read his memoirs, particularly in audiobook...starting with "My Anecdotal Life"
- Rene's Pick: Rene's Apple iOS 14 & Privacy Interview
- Leo's Pick: 1st Space Force launch
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/macbreak-weekly.