iOS 14 Public Beta, Apple Silicon vs. Intel, Apple Glasses Lenses
The Week's Stores:
- iOS 14 public beta pros and cons: Pokemon Go is broken, and widgets are just big icons - no buttons allowed.
- Does Apple Silicon herald the death of Wintel?
- Foxconn making thousands of lenses for Apple Glasses
- Got an iPhone 6, 6s, or 7? Want $25? Submit your claim to the "Batterygate" lawsuit.
- Apple offices will stay closed until 2021. Retail workers encouraged to work from home.
- Tim Cook makes $133 million this year
- Don't cover your MacBook camera! You'll crack the screen.
- Softbank wants to sell ARM - should Apple buy it?
- iOS 14 busts LinkedIn, Reddit, Tik Tok, and more for copying the clipboard. Turns out it was Google's fault all along.
- Apple spends $400 million on affordable housing
- macOS Big Sur not ready for the public yet - whatever you do, don't install it on a 2nd partition
- tvOS upgrade isn't worth trying the public beta
- Our favorite changes in iOS 14 - jiggle mode and photos
- Apple doesn't want to own 95% of the market. They just want 95% of the money.
- Apple Silicon Macs will support Thunderbolt
- The ins and outs of podcast tracking and ad tech
- Leo loves Greyhound on AppleTV+
- AppleTV+ gets Idris Elba and Jake Gyllenhaal
- Apple offers free and cheap coding classes and books
Picks of the Week
- Andy's Pick: Ulysses 20
- Rene's Pick: Canon EOS R5 & R6
- Dave's Pick: Cloudflare for Families
Guest: Dave Hamilton
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/macbreak-weekly.