DESCRIPTION: James Higginbotham (@launchany; Founder, Author, API Architect) talks about frameworks for evaluating API usage, developer perspectives on APIs, versioning APIs and some thoughts on new trends in API usage.
SHOW SPONSOR LINKS:
- Datadog Homepage - Modern Monitoring and Analytics
- Try Datadog yourself by starting a free, 14-day trial today. Listeners of this podcast will also receive a free Datadog T-shirt
- UpCloud - World’s fastest cloud servers
- UpCloud (promo) - Sign up for free, receive a $50 credit and try us out!
- MongoDB Homepage - The most popular database for modern applications
- MongoDB Atlas - MongoDB-as-a-Service on AWS, Azure and GCP
CLOUD NEWS OF THE WEEK - http://bit.ly/cloudcast-cnotw
- James on The Cloudcast Eps.135 (“Building Better APIs for Business Success)
- LaunchAny Homepage
Topic 1 - Welcome back to the show; It’s been a while, let’s reintroduce you to our audience. Tell us about the types of things you work on.
Topic 2 - There are so many things going on with APIs these days, sometimes it’s hard to know where to start. Do you have a framework that you use to help companies think about APIs? * *
Topic 3 - Are there different perspectives that developers have if they are dealing with APIs for monolithic applications vs. microservices applications vs. external APIs?
Topic 4 - What is some of thinking around dynamically changing environments (e.g. DevOps, Agile) and APIs (versioning, testing changes, etc.)?
Topic 5 - What are some of the more critical things that you’re always reinforcing and educating people about APIs?
Topic 6 - We’re seeing more companies emerge that just deliver APIs as part of an ecosystem of services. How has this changed application development?
Email: show at thecloudcast dot net
- Twitter: @thecloudcastnet