Aaron and Brian talk with Rob Hirschfeld (@zehicle, CEO @rackngo; Kubernetes Cluster Ops Co-Chair) about the consistency, continuum and confusion between the concepts of DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE).
- Google SRE Book
- DevOps vs. SRE
- DevOps vs. SRE (Rob on Datanauts)
- Love DevOps? Wait until you meet SRE?
- Open Source PXE
- "L8istSh9y" - Rob's Edge & Automation Podcast
- [PODCAST] @PodCTL - Containers | Kubernetes - RSS Feed, iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn and all your favorite podcast players
- [A CLOUD GURU] [Get The Cloudcast Alexa Skill](https://acloud.guru/cloudcast)
- [A CLOUD GURU] [A Cloud Guru Membership](https://acloud.guru/membership) - Start your free trial. Unlimited access to the best cloud training and new series to keep you up-to-date on all things AWS.
- [A CLOUD GURU] [FREE access to AWS Certification Exam Prep Guide](https://acloud.guru/join/cloudcast2018) - At A Cloud Guru, the #1 question received from students is "I want to pass the AWS cert exam, so where do I start?" This course is your answer.
- [FREE] [eBook from O'Reilly](https://app.oreilly.com/pub/get/thecloudcast2018)
- Topic 1 - What is the State of DevOps today? On one hand, there’s Gene Kim’s DevOps Reports (all is great), on another hand is DevOps Days which has become about Empathy, and somewhere in between are companies struggling with all of this silo-busting and automation and constant change. So where are we?
- Topic 2 - The DevOps community seemed to want to reject all sort of labels and titles (DevOps engineer, DevOps certified, etc.) and how there is this “SRE” (Site Reliability Engineering) concept. Is this just a new name for DevOps?
- Topic 3 - Like NetFlix had microservices, so everybody needed microservices - Google has SRE, so now everyone needs SRE? How does SRE fit into a non-Google company?
- Topic 4 - Many Infra/Ops-centric people have been trying to learn automation and some basic programming (e.g. Python, Powershell/Scripting). SREs are often described as programmers that live in the Ops world. Can these current Infra/Ops people evolve to SRE?
- Topic 5 - Do you find that DevOps or SRE apply more (or less) to using certain types of technologies vs. other technologies?