DESCRIPTION: Brian talks with Björn Rabenstein (Engineer at @Grafana) about the intersection of Dashboards, Metrics, Monitoring and Observability.
SHOW SPONSOR LINKS:
- Digital Ocean Homepage
PricingWire: Monetization & Pricing Strategy for Software & Technology Innovators
- PricingWire - Pricing Metric Decision Guide
- *[FREE] *Try an IT Pro Challenge
Get 20% off VelocityConf passes using discount code CLOUD
CLOUD NEWS OF THE WEEK:
- Microsoft “Project Saturn” to re-architect AzureStack based on containers
SHOW INTERVIEW LINKS:
- Björn’s talk at VelocityConf - “What remains of dashboards and metrics without the hype and anti-patterns”
- Björn’s talk at SRECon - “SRE in the Third Age”
- Björn’s GitHub and LinkedIn
Book: “Seeking SRE”
Topic 2 - I saw a tweet the other day that said, “CIO directive to cut contracts because they have 37 monitoring tools and still the reliability is poor...". Your talk at VelocityConf is about the hype around observability and monitoring. What is the state of Ops visibility?
Topic 3 - Let’s start by talking about good hygiene and good practices. What types of things should Ops teams, SREs and even Developers always been doing to have good visibility of their environments?
Topic 4 - What are the big mistakes that companies make, or what anti- patterns are becoming more pervasive? * *
Topic 5 - As a builder of tools, and an operator of tools, what are some of the things you wish more Dev knew, but maybe don’t know what to ask?
Email: show at thecloudcast dot net
- Twitter: @thecloudcastnet and @ServerlessCast