Brian talks with the founders from FIX Health, Portabl and Safely, as part of a behind-the-scenes engagement with TechStars and the MetLife Digital Accelerator in Cary, NC. This show is Part 2 of a series of interviews with companies that are innovating and disrupting the insurance industry, in cooperation with corporate partner MetLife in Cary, NC.
- MetLife Digital Accelerator, Powered by TechStars
- FIX Health
*Company 1: FIX Health
[Update] FIX has secured a MetLife pilot to build a new short term disability product.
CEO: Mike Tinney
Use game based entertainment to help a person re-prioritize physical activity and well being.
- Already in the market. Launching a second product.
- 92% success rate vs. 56% typically from corporate programs
Do you target companies with certain demographics - enjoy playing games?
Company 2: Portabl
Founders: Mike Minnet and Ali Lanning
Creating Insurance and Benefits for Freelancers and the Gig Economy
- Safety net with big company benefits
Offer traditional company well-being for freelance workers
Company 3: Safely
[Update] Safely grew their revenue by more than $500k since joining Techstars.
Founders: Andrew Bate and Lui King
The Trust and Safety Company for the Rental Industry
- Insurance development/change is very slow
- Insurance isn’t top of mind for people’s needs
- Algorithms help find the bad renters
This builds on the growth of AirBnB or VRBO?