Nati Hazut (Co-Founder & CEO, Polyrize) talks about security in the cloud, ZeroTrust, SecOps, Non-Human Entities and why the old perimeter model no longer works.
SHOW SPONSOR LINKS:
- DivvyCloud - Achieve continuous security & compliance. Request a free trial today!
- DivvyCloud’s 2020 Cloud Misconfigurations Report - Cloud misconfigurations cost enterprises $5 trillion in 2018 and 2019.
- MongoDB Homepage - The most popular database for modern applications
- MongoDB Atlas - MongoDB-as-a-Service on AWS, Azure and GCP
- Datadog Homepage - Modern Monitoring and Analytics
Try Datadog yourself by starting a free, 14-day trial today. Listeners of this podcast will also receive a free Datadog T-shirt
CLOUD NEWS OF THE WEEK - http://bit.ly/cloudcast-cnotw
- Polyrize website
Topic 1 - You have an interesting background in both the Israel military and cyber-security. Can you give a quick introduction for everyone please?
Topic 2 - Brian and I both do not come from security backgrounds and I’m sure we have some listeners out there just learning. Let’s start at the start. SecOps, what is your definition and why is it important today?
Topic 3 - You recently published an article in Security Boulevard (link in show notes) on Non-Human Entities in the Cloud. I found it very fascinating. Can you tell everyone what that expression means and why it is so important in a cloud and SaaS world?
Topic 4 - What are the top challenges with security in the cloud today? I come from the days of the old secure perimeter model. What has changed and why? I would imagine automation and API driven systems have changed this perspective a lot.
Topic 5* - Tell us a bit about your company Polyrize. What problems are you trying to solve? What are the most common use cases? What are the challenges to securing multiple platforms (SaaS, IaaS, etc.)
Email: show at thecloudcast dot net
- Twitter: @thecloudcastnet