DESCRIPTION: Brian talks with two entrepreneurs from the MetLife Digital Accelerator powered by Techstars program about their startups (Smiletronix and LazarusAI) about how technology is helping to give people more control over their health and use AI to improve doctor's ability to detect cancer and other deadly diseases.
SHOW SPONSOR LINKS:
- Datadog Homepage - Modern Monitoring and Analytics
- Try Datadog yourself by starting a free, 14-day trial today. Listeners of this podcast will also receive a free Datadog T-shirt
- The Cyberwire - Your security news connection.
- The Cyberwire daily podcast
- *[FREE] *Try an IT Pro Challenge
Get 20% off VelocityConf passes using discount code CLOUD
SHOW INTERVIEW LINKS:
Smiletronix (@Smiletronix) - Yashar Faranjani (@yashar_f), Co-Founder & CEO - Personalized dental health screenings, handheld device
Does this augment dentists, or eventually replace the dental check-up?
- Doctors tend to hate Web.md (everyone being an online doctor). How have dentists reacted to this service?
Being based in Europe, are there unique characteristics of European markets or healthcare that make this more applicable to adoption?
Lazarus (Cambridge, MA) - Ariel Elizarov (@aelizarov12), Co-Founder & CEO
- AI for cancer screenings
Isn’t skin cancer (and moles) a fairly well-understood science at this point? What does AI bring to the equation?
- How is patient information (doctor notes) managed between the patient, any given doctor, and the on-going doctors on the platform?
Your skin is a lifelong part of your health. How would this service work over a lifetime?
Email: show at thecloudcast dot net
- Twitter: @thecloudcastnet and @ServerlessCast