Windows 11 unveiled - can your PC run it? China bans Bitcoin and other crypto mining, gig app for open-source intel gathering, and more.
- Microsoft makes Windows 11 official, and it's coming this fall.
- Microsoft will let devs keep every penny their Windows app makes — unless it's a game.
- Fret not, you can sideload Android APKs directly onto Windows 11.
- Will your PC run Windows 11? Even Microsoft can't say for sure.
- Windows 11 will integrate Chat from Microsoft Teams in the Taskbar.
- New GitHub app details precisely why your PC cannot upgrade to Windows 11.
- DirectStorage on Windows 11: Next-gen gaming performance, with PC requirements.
- "I'm totally screwed." WD My Book Live users wake up to find their data deleted.
- Tech giants, fearful of proposals to curb them, blitz Washington with lobbying.
- This year's Prime Day broke sales records.
- Apple says allowing sideloading on iPhone would expose users to serious privacy and security risks.
- Google delays Chrome's cookie-blocking privacy plan by nearly 2 years.
- Sundar Pichai faces internal criticism at Google.
- App taps unwitting users abroad to gather open-source intelligence.
- John McAfee was not suicidal, says widow of antivirus software magnate.
- Real estate mogul Frank McCourt has a $100 million plan to replace Facebook.
- Court rules for high school cheerleader in First Amendment dispute over Snapchat profanity.
- China to shut down over 90% of its Bitcoin mining capacity after local bans.
- South African brothers vanish, and so does $3.6 billion in Bitcoin.
- UK watchdog bans cryptocurrency exchange Binance.
If you're thinking about suicide, are worried about a friend or loved one, or
would like emotional support, the Lifeline network is available 24/7 across
the United States.
Host: Leo Laporte
Download or subscribe to this show at
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit