New Microsoft Edge hits Beta channel
- Microsoft brings Edge Beta to Windows 10, 8.1, and 7, and Mac
- Related: Microsoft touts one million Chredge downloads so far. That's ... not very good.
- Related: Joe B's terrible Collections feature goes live. Why does Microsoft keep doing this?
- Related: There's a new Edge roadmap too. What are our expectations on the final version? And when will it be bundled with Windows 10?
- Related: AAD sign-in now available in new Edge
- Related: Microsoft implements battery life improvement for Chrome, Google accepts it
- New 20H1 build adds a few new features. Plus one from last week that added several new features.
- Microsoft rolls out two 19H2 builds, again. What's new? And what's up with all the A/B testing?
- Microsoft brings Notepad to the Store. For some reason. Because it's the best Windows app and deserves MORE, Paul.
- Microsoft brings SMS Organizer app to more Android users
- Skype-to-phone calling is now registered as a telco service in the Netherlands
- Microsoft hires ex-Siri chief ... but not for Cortana
- Microsoft acquires jClarity for Java performance on Azure
- Microsoft is Bringing Ori and the Blind Forest to Nintendo Switch
- But ... Microsoft is also done bringing exclusives to other platforms
- PUBG is getting Xbox/PS4 cross-platform play
- Minecraft is picking up ray-tracing support
Tips and picks
- Tip of the week: Test Edge Insider Preview
- App pick of the week: Grammarly mobile keyboard
- Related: Gmail picks up as-you-type spelling and grammar checking
- Enterprise pick of the week: What's under the covers of Windows Update? Dynamics 365
- Enterprise pick No. 2: Don't forget to check that Windows 10 health dashboard
- Drink pick of the week: Patch Tuesday
An original recipe courtesy of Stephanie Thurrott and inspired by Mikah
The Patch Tuesday:
- 3 oz whiskey
- 0.5 oz lemon juice
- 2 dashes bitters (because Patch Tuesday is a little bit sour and a little bit bitter)
- 0.5 oz honey (to add a little hope)
- 1/2 of an egg white
- Shake everything together well over ice.
- Serve over ice, ideally 1 large whiskey cube.
- Garnish with a hard maraschino cherry.
- Serves 2 because no one should drink alone on Patch Tuesday.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/windows-weekly
Check out Paul's blog at thurrott.com
Check out Mary Jo's blog at AllAboutMicrosoft.com
The Windows Weekly theme music is courtesy of Carl Franklin.