Surface Rumors go round and round
- Surface Go with Core m3 rumored - This is what the processor should have always been.
- Microsoft patents a portable speaker. It's almost certainly for businesses.
- October 2 is just 3 weeks away
- Microsoft finally details what's new in Windows 10 version 19H2, makes it available to all Insiders (in Slow)
- Your Phone calling functionality is coming to non-Samsung handsets
- New 20H1 builds today: WSL improvements, last week: New 20H1 build brings renamable virtual desktops.
- Microsoft Teams is coming to Linux eventually. (So, too, is the new Microsoft Edge. Plus a look back at Office for Linux.)
- Semi-related: Richard Stallman gave a talk about free software at MS last week. Not kidding
- New Microsoft To-Do looks like old Wunderlist - Announced right after Wunderlist founder offered to buy back the app from Microsoft
- TomTom expands its deal with Microsoft to include connected vehicles
Microsoft, the musical
- Microsoft interns release a goofy musical video explaining that it's actually fun to work at Microsoft. No, really. They're happy not working at Google. Probably.
Tips and picks
- Tip of the week: Microsoft (often) offers the best trade-in value on Galaxy Note 10, 10+
- Looking for a new Samsung Galaxy Note 10 or 10+? Microsoft might be your best bet. But you gotta move quick.
- More: Windows 10 Field Guide has been updated for 19H2
- More: Gears 5 is now available to everyone. But don't buy it. Do this instead.
- App pick of the week: Vivaldi
- More: Microsoft's first new PowerToys are out. One of them is worth considering.
- Enterprise pick of the week: Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) evaluation lab
- Codename pick of the week: Manganese
- Whiskey picks of the week: Macallan 12 Year Old, Aberlour A'bunadh
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/windows-weekly
Check out Paul's blog at thurrott.com
Check out Mary Jo's blog at AllAboutMicrosoft.com
The Windows Weekly theme music is courtesy of Carl Franklin.