Paul and Mary Jo are live at Microsoft's Inspire conference! Microsoft wraps cloud services into a single offering called Microsoft 365. Microsoft Azure Stack is ready to order from Dell EMC, HPE, and Lenovo. Microsoft adds three more apps to Office 365. Some changes in MS partner strategy/program after last week's layoff of 'several thousand' -- new channel manager role, focus on 6 key verticals and 4 'solution' buckets. Yes, Microsoft has big plans for its consumer customers. Do we see a Microsoft 365 for consumers in the future? Microsoft's latest Windows 10 Fall Creators Update test build adds DPI improvements. But where are all those major new features Microsoft promised at Build? Ubuntu is available on the Windows 10 Insider Preview now too. Paint.NET is coming to the Windows Store! Some new Surface Pro users reporting hibernation problems. Is this Surfacegate 2.0? Can Microsoft even make reliable PCs? Microsoft is closing a Surface Hub manufacturing plant. What's up? Surface Pro 4 updated to support new Type Covers.
- Tip of the week: Read, reply to, and send text notifications via your Android Handset
- App pick of the week: PlayStation Now - Play PlayStation 4 (and PS3) games on Windows 10!
- Enterprise pick of the week: Giant free MSFT ebook giveaway
- Rumor of the week (dispelled): Windows 10 Business
- Beer pick of the week: DC Brau El Hefe Speaks
Guest: Dona Sarkar
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/windows-weekly
Check out Paul's blog at thurrott.com
Check out Mary Jo's blog at AllAboutMicrosoft.com
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
The Windows Weekly theme music is courtesy of Carl Franklin.