First up: A fan's eye for Windows Family Guy:https://twitter.com/JustinSalvato/status/962839713009819649. Windows Defender ATP is coming to Windows 7, 8.1. Windows Analytics tools for enterprise users now include Spectre/Meltdown patch analyzer. Microsoft is still adding features to Redstone 4, as it closes in on RTM. Related: Apple is scaling back the iOS schedule. Microsoft should pay attention. It's official: Build is coming back to Seattle, May 7-9 - going head-to-head with Google I/O. Registration opens tomorrow, Feb. 15. Microsoft tries to make a case for Surface, but it makes a case for Macs instead. Five years ago this week, Microsoft launched the first Surface Pro. Analyst estimates that Microsoft has sold 35 million Xbox One consoles.
- Tip of the week: You're still going to need an ad blocker
- PLUS: WINKEY + CTRL + c
- App pick of the week: Tweeten
- Also: Amazon Music makes a surprise appearance in the Microsoft Store for Windows 10. Ahead of iTunes.
- Enterprise pick of the week: Microsoft for Startups
- Codename pick of the week: Seville
- Beer pick of the week: The Bruery White Chocolate
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/windows-weekly
Check out Paul's blog at thurrott.com
Check out Mary Jo's blog at AllAboutMicrosoft.com
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
The Windows Weekly theme music is courtesy of Carl Franklin.