- Xbox All Access is real goes live in the US. What is this thing? It's a subscription-based financing option that points to the future.
- Intel announces "new" 8th-generation Core chips. But only the Wi-Fi is new.
- IFA: PC makers announce new PCs. It's like CES 2.
- Windows 10 Build 17746 puts Your Phone in Release Preview, but no new features.
- Sticky Notes 3 is official, available to Skip Ahead Insiders
- Wish List is coming to the Microsoft Store
- Related: Microsoft is warning users on Windows 10 version 1607 to upgrade
- Related: Why did the HP CEO undermine the entire PC industry?
- Related: The bizarre story of the new zero-day Windows vulnerability
- Microsoft announces OneDrive for Business features, calls it OneDrive and confuses everyone. Again.
- Microsoft Teams picks up "feature parity" with Skype for Business. Just kidding.
- Excel, PowerPoint, and OneDrive all have over 500 million downloads on the Play Store. So does Word.
- Microsoft is reorganizing the Games library screen on Xbox One, again
- Microsoft announces a white Elite controller - but it's the old design, wtf - WHERE IS THE NEW VERSION??? (MJF: "Settle down, Game Boy!")
Tips and picks
- Tip of the week: You can use your Xbox One controller on Android now
- App pick of the week: Get the Pixel launcher(ish) on almost any Android handset
- Bonus pick: Modern Warfare 2 is on Xbox One Backward Compatibility.
- Enterprise pick of the week: The end of hybrid Intune support is coming
- Codename pick of the week: TDBN (Tidbin)
- Beer pick of the week: Jack's Abby House Lager
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/windows-weekly
Check out Paul's blog at thurrott.com
Check out Mary Jo's blog at AllAboutMicrosoft.com
The Windows Weekly theme music is courtesy of Carl Franklin.