We're in the podcast studio at Microsoft Ignite. Here's the biggest news from the show!
- Microsoft Search - Arguably the biggest news from the show and the first concrete example of how Microsoft can add features across Windows, Office, and web thanks to Microsoft 365.
- Microsoft is rolling out Surface Hub 2 in stages. We went hands-on: here's what we saw.
- Windows Virtual Desktop - A redo of Azure Remote App, but also a new way for commercial customers to utilize their existing licenses and extend Windows 7 support for free.
- Office 2019 begins rolling out to commercial customers first
- Related: Microsoft clarifies Office 2019 (perpetual) vs. Office 365
- Office Ideas is AI coolness
- Microsoft Teams is the fastest-growing business app in Microsoft's history
- Microsoft is further integrating LinkedIn and Office
- OneDrive for Mac is picking up Files on Demand.
- Cortana Enterprise Skills Kit - What is this? And what does it say about the future of Cortana?
- Azure Digital Twins, Azure Sphere general availability, and Windows IoT Central services
It's not all about Ignite
- Microsoft is bringing Skype to Alexa.
- Related: What does THIS say about Cortana?
- Sticky Notes 3 is coming to Windows 10 1803+
- Google's Chrome faux pas says a lot about trust, plus how this is important to Microsoft's customers
- Two video game bits - Telltale Games is shutting down and PSNow adds game downloading
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/windows-weekly
Check out Paul's blog at thurrott.com
Check out Mary Jo's blog at AllAboutMicrosoft.com
The Windows Weekly theme music is courtesy of Carl Franklin.