- Microsoft delivered another blockbuster FY and FYQ4.
- Analysis: FY19 - Xbox (bad), Surface (not the highlight people think), Windows (good, with businesses only), Office 365 (great) and Azure is ... slowing?. The big news: More Personal Computing is not Microsoft's biggest BU for the first time. Entire business in balance for now.
- Apple, Amazon, Facebook and Google come under DOJ scrutiny
- Qualcomm is fined by the EU
- Will Microsoft continue to avoid the steely gaze of regulators?
The weirdness that is Windows 10 20H1
- Remember when Microsoft released a 19H2 build with unavailable new features last week? Yeah, some of them are available now. In a new build for some reason.
- And then they released another build, this time with one new feature
- Also, Windows Defender will become Microsoft Defender in 20H1
- Microsoft accidentally deployed a Canary (?) build of Windows 10 to all Insiders and it shows the Lite OS Start menu with no live tiles
- Microsoft invests $1 billion in AI! OK, just kidding.
- LinkedIn to finally start using Microsoft technology. It's the least they can do, literally.
- Microsoft makes changes, again, to how it licenses Dynamics 365
- Gears 5 multiplayer beta hits again this weekend
- Mixer commits to civility
- Fortnite controller (not) arriving just in time for Fortnite World Cup
Tips and Picks
- App pick of the week: VirtualBox
- Enterprise pick of the week: Data-sharing agreements/licenses
- Naming pick of the week: Office Online is no more
- Beer pick of the week: Transmitter Hx Raspberry Sour
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/windows-weekly
Check out Paul's blog at thurrott.com
Check out Mary Jo's blog at AllAboutMicrosoft.com
The Windows Weekly theme music is courtesy of Carl Franklin.